Learn with Todd Motto, Google Developer Expert, global conference speaker, workshop trainer and creator of the AngularJS styleguide recognised by Google and used by companies such as the New York Public Library, Netflix and Ford Motors.
This online course gives you the skills to become an expert AngularJS developer. You’ve got a good understanding of Angular and are ready to take your skills to the next level with advanced techniques put into practice with a real-world application. We’ll be isolating core concepts of Angular and diving deep into understanding of specific APIs and concepts, building, testing, and finally deploying your own application at the end to Firebase.
What you’ll learn
After this course you’ll be somewhat of an AngularJS expert with the knowledge you need to build professional AngularJS applications with the right architecture. You’ll understand new ways of building with a component-based architecture, learn how Angular components really work (lifecycle hooks, one-way dataflow and stateful/stateless components), how to unit test, how to build complex Directives and their lifecycle.
Component communication, $scope and $rootScope, event system, template-driven forms and custom validators, advanced routing with ui-router, custom filters, service lifecycle, best practices and much more. All course content follows my highly popular AngularJS styleguide.
For more on exactly what you’ll be learning, please check out the course curriculum - and some free previews.
Theory: Architecture, components and data flow
- 06:59 $scope.$watch/$watchCollection
- 03:56 $attrs.$observe/$updateClass
- 03:23 Directive Controllers
- 05:13 Inherited and isolate scopes
- 02:21 Using bindToController
- 07:04 Compile and link functions
- 03:13 Single-slot automated transclusion
- 04:54 Transclusion with $transclude
- 03:47 Multi-slot automated transclusion
- 07:10 Inheriting Controllers with require
- 06:11 DOM API integration
- 05:21 Using third-party plugins/widgets
Forms, ngModelCtrl and Validation
Routing with ui-router
Services, RESTful APIs and Interceptors
Final Project: Contacts Manager, Firebase
- 11:01 Project setup, walkthrough, install
- 06:10 Setting up Firebase console
- 33:34 Login/register routes, authorisation
- 24:11 Core app module, auth redirects
- 22:49 Create new contact, stateful/stateless components
- 14:53 Editing existing contact, stateful/stateless components
- 08:07 Stateless tag components
- 05:36 Rendering contacts from router resolves
- 05:52 Contact stateless components
- 09:20 Dynamic ui-router param filtering
- 04:42 Dynamic content Directive for inputs
- 03:41 Running tests and Firebase deploy