Angular 2+ Fundamentals
The most comprehensive Angular fundamental training course. Learn, understand, and build.
Learn with Todd Motto, Google Developer Expert, global conference speaker, workshop trainer and creator of the Angular 1.x styleguide recognised by Google and used by companies such as the New York Public Library, Netflix and Ford Motors.
This essential fundamental training course will teach you how to understand and get you building with Angular, within minutes. Every lesson is broken down into approachable, step-by-step exercises that demonstrate the core concepts of Angular and how to apply them. After this course you’ll be primed with the fundamental knowledge that will allow you to kickstart real world Angular development.
All Angular code in the course is written in TypeScript, so if you’re new to TypeScript - this course will ease you in very gently.
What you’ll learn
Not only will you learn Angular, you’ll understand it, the underlying patterns, core APIs, syntaxes and concepts that drive the framework. You’ll also learn component architecture and how to apply container (stateful) and presentational (stateless) components, alongside one-way dataflow practices. You’ll also be primed with the knowledge of component lifecycle events, how to create data service layers and render data dynamically from the server using HTTP methods. What’s also included is routing to components, creating feature modules and understanding how to create forms.
For more on exactly what you’ll be learning, please check out the course curriculum - and some free previews.
Architecture, setup, source files
ES5 to ES6 and TypeScript refresher
Component Architecture and Feature Modules
- 01:41 Smart and dumb components overview
- 03:30 One-way dataflow overview
- 04:07 Feature modules with @NgModule
- 11:12 Creating a container (smart) component
- 02:51 ngOnInit lifecycle hook
- 06:22 Presentational (dumb) components
- 06:27 Passing data into components with @Input
- 05:29 Dynamic @Input values with *ngFor
- 15:58 Emitting changes with @Output and EventEmitter
- 06:21 Immutable state changes
- 07:06 ngOnChanges lifecycle hook
Services, Http and Observables
Template-driven Forms, Inputs and Validation
- 08:57 Forms container component
- 08:03 Form stateless component
- 06:37 ngForm and ngModel
- 08:26 Binding to radio buttons
- 02:06 Binding to checkboxes
- 09:59 <select> option rendering, and ngValue
- 09:55 Form validation and error states
- 01:51 Dynamically disabling submit
- 07:13 ngSubmit and stateless @Output
- 01:03 Base href and RouterModule
- 05:08 Root module routes and outlet
- 02:00 Wildcard routes for 404 handling
- 02:13 Understanding routerLink
- 04:48 Styling active routes
- 03:29 Dynamic navigation with ngFor
- 04:02 Feature-module routes with forChild()
- 03:01 Child and dynamic routes
- 05:41 Route params, data-fetching with switchMap
- 07:36 Imperative routing API
- 02:00 Hash location strategy
- 00:56 Applying redirects